The first 15 minutes of practice will be an organized warm-up. Everyone must stretch and warm up before swimming. Practice will start promptly so punctuality is appreciated. Each practice we will be working on stroke technique and building endurance. If a swimmer desires to attend a practice for an age group other than his/her assigned one due to a schedule conflict, this will be at the coaches’ discretion, based on a swimmer’s ability and space permitting.
Practices are held on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at Farm Pond.
* Please do your best to arrive 10 minutes early so that we can get get started on time!
- Meets are held on Tuesday's and Thursday's. Please check website calendar for locations and times.
- Also, it is critical that prior to each meet you mark whether the swimmer will be able to attend or not.
- There will be practice every day of the week until the meets begin. Once meets begin we will follow the above schedule.
- We know that summer can be SUPER busy, we just ask that swimmers make it to as many practices and meets as possible during the season.
Additional stroke clinics: will be offered per age group as the coaching staff assesses the need.
Private swim instruction: Please contact any member of the coaching staff directly if you are interested in scheduling mutually convenient private lessons for your swimmer.
Missing Practice: It is not necessary to notify the coach if a swimmer is going to miss an occasional practice. It is appropriate to let the coach know if he/she will be gone for a long period of time due to illness or vacation!!
Schedule Changes Due to Weather
If poor weather (thunder, lightening, heavy rain) necessitates changes in the usual Snappers schedule (cancellation, delayed start of practice or a meet), an email notification will be sent to all families by 3 PM. A notice of the change will also be posted on the Snappers website by 3 PM.