Swim meets are en exciting time to put into action all the hard work that has been done in practice. Meets (typically held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings) begin at 6:00 p.m. except for meets at Natick, Needham and Westwood which start at 5:30 p.m.
Everyone warms up prior to swim meets and practices. This is a good way to prevent injuries and to get bodies ready for racing.
Home Meets: swimmers should be at the pond no later than 4:45 p.m. for warm-ups.
Away meets: swimmers should drive directly to the meet location arriving by 5:15 p.m. unless an alternate time is posted via email. Transportation to and from all swim meets is the responsibility of each individual family. Since meets start earlier at Natick, Needham and Westwood these warm ups will be at 4:45.
Swim Meets Sign-Ups:
No later than 48 hour prior to a swim meets (of course the sooner the better) parents are asked to confirm their swimmers attendance via the team website. We need you to tell us even if the swimmer is not coming. It is critical that parents do this FOR EACH MEET!
Please indicate which swim meets your swimmer can/cannot attend in the “Swim Meet/Meet Entry” tab on the team website.
Swimmers who do not indicate their meet attendance on the website, and then attend a meet, may be unable to swim at the meet.
Arriving at a Swim Meet:
- Swimmers should check in with their respective coaches immediately upon arrival at a meet.
- Members are expected to sit with the team, and to know what events they have been assigned to swim once informed by the coaches. The assistant coaches and coaches in training supervise the beach/pool deck during meets and will be calling out the events as they occur, and lining swimmers up for their events.
- Please be sure you assist your swimmer in listening for their events so that they do not miss their swim. Parents may be asked to help supervise swimmers during meets as well.
- When swimmers are not in an event, they should be watching the meet and cheering for their teammates.
- NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO SWIM OR PLAY IN THE WATER BETWEEN EVENTS AT A SWIM MEET.